Our Vision and Values
The de Ferrers Trust Vision
To ensure that all the children and young people in our care have the opportunity to fulfil their potential through achieving highly, regardless of their ability or background.
Richard Wakefield's Christian Vision and Values
Guided by our Christian values, we endeavour to provide an inclusive, supportive learning environment where children flourish and rejoice in their achievements. We aspire to inspire our children on their lifelong journey with kindness, friendship and respect at the heart of everythng we do to develop their faith and wisdom.
Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
This will be achieved through expert teaching underpinned by:
- Providing high quality teaching and learning.
- Supporting independence and adaptability.
- Encouraging self motivation.
- Providing opportunities for collaborative learning.
- Development a personal faith that includes respect, care and dedication.
- Supporting safe risk taking.
- Promoting a holistic approach to life, including social and self responsibility.
- Demanding high expectations from ourselves and others.
- Encouraging spiritual and emotional well being.
- Making and expecting others to make minor adjustments.
Our standards and expectations of behaviour are high. We expect children to be honest, reliable, helpful, polite and responsible. We regard respect for others as a basic standard of good behaviour. We encourage children to consider and appreciate the views and beliefs of others even though they may be different from their own.